How often should you get a facial?
Ans: 3-4 weeks, it is because the full life cycle of cell growth is about 30 days.
Visual representation of skin changes over a lifetime.
You really NEED a facial once a month (if not more), if your skin has…
- Little clogged bumps or whiteheads (known as closed comedones) that are under the skin, are not painful and don’t go away no matter what you do at home. (No laser or exfoliating peel can take the place of professional extractions to remove the blockage in the pores. Once the pores are cleaned out, exfoliating products with salicylic acid will help to keep them clean so eventually less extractions are needed.)
- Acne that needs to be dried up and post-breakout marks that need to be faded.
- Brown spots and discoloration that you’re looking to lighten (Chemical peels are usually required to get this done.)
For those with acne, clogged pores and brown spots, this type of skin requires consistent care to get on top of the condition to get the skin looking clear. So in these instances, I consider facials a true necessity and often times will recommend clients to come in weekly for additional treatments above and beyond a facial.
6 Great Benefits of having a Facial:
- Stimulating the blood flow to aid the flow of oxygen and other nutrients to the skin & it’s underlying tissue.
- Helps with dull, lifeless & congested skin.
- Helping you to relax, stress always show itself in the face with the muscles becoming tense & rigid, causing the circulation to slow down, lines can form this way.
- Aids natural protection & prevents the formation of imperfections. ie. milia, blemishes.
- Helps with normal functioning of oil & fluid balance. Keep the skin supple & easing tension lines.
- Giving your skin a more healthy looking glow.