Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a non-invasive skin treatment that emits powerful bursts of light energy to treat sun-damaged skin, wrinkles, acne, vascular conditions and unwanted hair growth.
How it works
Intense Impulsed Light (IPL) uses the power of light to reverse the visible signs of ageing. Resulting in evening skin tone & texture and healthier younger-looking skin.
Wavelengths and Chromophores
- Hair Reduction wavelengths target Melanin.
- Vascular wavelengths target Oxyhaemoglobin.
- Rejuvenation wavelengths target Water or Collagen.
- Pigment reducing wavelengths target Melanin in the epidermis only.
- Acne wavelengths target Porphyrin.
Things you need to know before the treatment
At least 24 hours before your first treatment, we always carry out:
- A consultation and history, where we try and find out whether there any medical reasons or activities that may preclude or delay your treatment. For example, if you are pregnant, we will not treat you.
- A patch test, where we perform a small number of test shots in the treatment area, with slightly different machine settings, to see how you respond. Just like a patch test before you dye your hair, if you react badly, it may prevent you from having a treatment
- See how your skin reacts during the patch test, and over the next 24 hours. If you have an allergic reaction, then we might need to adjust the settings on another patch test, or we might not even be able to continue with the treatment.
Duration of the treatment:
Depending on your specific concern, you can expect the session to last 20-30 minutes.