Lymphatic Massage is a whole-body treatment that works to move the lymphatic fluid through the lymphatic capillaries and lymph nodes, calming the nervous system, detoxifying the body and boosting the immune system. Involving a range of specialised gentle and pain-free rhythmic pumping techniques, lymphatic drainage massage can be used on people of all ages in varied situations.
- Improves circulation with “specific movements that use a gentle pressure to reduce fluid retention” and is meant to “improve cellulitis
- Helps regenerate the tissues
- Relax the muscles
- Improves the skin appearance and overall tone the body
- As an added bonus, lymphatic drainage boosts metabolism and improves digestion.
It is even known to alleviate symptoms of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), promoting relaxation and decreasing the occurrences of menstrual cramps.
Lymphatic Drainage Massage is not recommended for people with the following conditions:
- congestive heart failure
- history of blood clots or stroke
- current infection
- liver problems
- kidney problems