Acne Management – Clear the skin, soothe existing breakouts and target acne causing bacteria.
The effectiveness of the IPL treatment for acne scarring and skin blemishes depends both on your skin type and the extent and type of your scars.
How it works
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment uses yellow, green and red light emitted through a series of impulses onto the skin. The yellow and green light acts to kill the bacteria that cause acne and live in the skin, while the red light targets the sebaceous glands, stopping them from producing too much sebum.
Beautiful results are achieved with a simple course of treatments and you can zip in and out on your lunch break as there is no to minimal downtime following your session.
What IPL Skin Rejuvenation can also do for your skin:
- Photo Rejuvenation – Reduce pore size, improve skin texture and plump out the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Pigmentation Correction – Correct sun damage and inconsistencies in skin tone
- Vascular Therapy – Improve facial redness, facial flushing and rosacea
How many treatments are needed?
The number of treatments will depend on your skin condition and aesthetic goals, and our WonderSkin Specialist will customise a treatment program based on these specific skin concerns. Typically, most people require 2 to 6 treatments for better results.
Duration of the treatment:
Depending on your specific concern, you can expect the session to last 15-20 minutes.
How long in between each treatment?
IPL Acne Management treatments should be spaced approximately 1 – 2 weeks apart to allow the skin’s natural regeneration cycle to play its part in the treatment process.
Things you need to know before the treatment
At least 24 hours before your first treatment, we always carry out:
- A consultation and history, where we try and find out whether there any medical reasons or activities that may preclude or delay your treatment. For example, if you are pregnant, we will not treat you.
- A patch test, where we perform a small number of test shots in the treatment area, with slightly different machine settings, to see how you respond. Just like a patch test before you dye your hair, if you react badly, it may prevent you from having a treatment
- See how your skin reacts during the patch test, and over the next 24 hours. If you have an allergic reaction, then we might need to adjust the settings on another patch test, or we might not even be able to continue with the treatment.
Take action today and experience a brighter, more beautiful and confident tomorrow.
To discover how glowing skin can be yours, Book a session and speak with our WonderSkin Specialist 0432 574 555 for a confidential discussion.